LEGOLAND® Discovery Center DFW in Grapevine Designates July as Summer Brick Drive Month
Month-long Event to Benefit Orphanage
“The Summer Brick Drive is an excellent opportunity for families to teach their children about sharing with others,” said Lanham McCallum, commercial operations manager, LEGOLAND Discovery Center DFW. “By teaching our children about charitable giving at a young age, we are encouraging them to begin a lifetime of helping their community. We are excited that the Summer Brick Drive will benefit the orphanage in Parras de la Fuente, one of Grapevine’s sister cities.”
Guests are encouraged to donate gently used LEGO® bricks or bring cash contributions for the orphanage to LEGOLAND Discovery Center DFW, located at Grapevine Mills mall or other participating partners including the Hilton DFW Lakes, 1800 State Highway 26 E. and the Grapevine Visitor Information Center, 636 S. Main St. A special thank you will be provided to all who donate.
Grapevine and its’ three sister cities exchange professional knowledge in the areas of tourism, history, culture, the arts, science and technology. Parras de la Fuente, Coahuila, Mexico and Grapevine became sister cities in 1996, followed by Krems, Austria in 1999 and West Lothian, Scotland in 2008.
LEGO® Fun Facts:
- There are about 70 LEGO® bricks for every one of the world’s 6 billion inhabitants.
- Children around the world spend 5 billion hours a year playing with LEGO® bricks.
- LEGO® bricks are available in 53 different colors.
- 19 billion LEGO® elements are produced every year. 2.16 million LEGO® elements are molded every hour, or 36,000 per minute.
- More than 400 billion LEGO® bricks have been produced since 1949.
For questions about LEGOLAND® Discovery Center or the Summer Brick Drive event, contact Whitney Crosby at firstname.lastname@example.org or 469-444-3050.