What we include (free of charge):
- Family-friendly events that include activities for kids.
- Educational opportunities for parents, based on their role as a parent, such as parenting workshops.
- Educational opportunities for kids such as babysitting courses, sibling classes, etc.
- Community garage sales, which benefit a non-profit group or organization. (The sale needs to be held at a community location, such as a school or church, not an individual’s home)
- Community book sales, held by local libraries.
ALL EVENTS MUST BE:
- Located in Flower Mound, Lewisville, or a surrounding city/town (those that physically border the two mentioned).
- Free or for a fee that is simply to cover costs, and not for the profit of a business.
Frequently submitted events that we do NOT include (free of charge):
- Fundraiser nights at local restaurants.
- Fundraiser sales such as cookies, plants, discount cards, etc.
- Silent auctions or raffles (unless they’re part of a larger festival or fair that includes activities for kids).
- Adult-only activities.
- Activities that are located outside of the immediate Flower Mound/Lewisville area.
- Events that are designed for the profit of a business.
- Church services.
- Craft or vendor fairs
- Personal garage sales
Exceptions can be made for paid advertisers. Contact us for rates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you feel your event is something we would include, send details to email@example.com for consideration.
Be sure to include:
- Name of event
- Starting time AND end time for each day
- Location, including the physical address
- Link to get more information, register if necessary, etc.
- Phone and/or email address (if no link is available)
- Cost (including how to purchase tickets, register, etc if applicable)
- A brief description, including any age guidelines, if applicable.
- Small photo or logo (if available).
Don’t have all of the info? Don’t worry… we still want to hear about local events. Just send us what you have, and we’ll research the rest:)
Family eGuide reserves the right to edit submissions for space (obviously, we’ll include the pertinent facts). That’s why it’s so important to include a link to a site where readers can get additional information.