50 Free Activities In & Around Flower Mound
If you’re looking for some free activities for your kids that won’t break the bank, we invite you to check out this great list of activities In & Around Flower Mound:
- Visit a local farmers’ market.
- Visit the Library. Enjoy special summer reading club performances.
- Tour a local police or fire station. Show your appreciation by bringing a baked treat.
- Attend a free trial class at Best Gymnastics.
- Attend one of Lowe’s Free Build and Grow Workshops for Kids.
- Attend a complimentary class at Excite Gym and Cheer.
- Visit Founders Plaza, the DFW Airport Observation Area.
- Tour Market Street in Flower Mound or Coppell.
- Take the kids to the indoor play area at Vista Ridge Mall.
- Play disc golf at Lake Park in Lewisville.
- Go the the Grapevine Botanical Gardens. Enjoy the playground; let the kids play hide and seek.
- Stop by Railroad Park and watch the skateboarders do their thing. Let the kids try it as well.
- Explore Bass Pro in Grapevine. Enjoy museum-quality stuffed animal displays, a large aquarium tank with a small waterfall, and more.
- Tour Revival Wood Finishing in Lewisville.
- Visit the Elm Fork Nature Reserve in Carrollton. Hike the trails and discover something new.
- Enjoy free indoor play time at The Ark in Coppell.
- Take advantage of the many free crafts that Michaels offers throughout the year.
- Enjoy a free preview class at Musikgarten with Heidi.
- Tour California Pizza Kitchen in Grapevine.
- Visit Rheudasil Park & Pond. Enjoy the playground; feed the ducks, go fishing.
- Attend one of Home Depot’s Free Kids’ Workshops.
- Tour Central Market in Southlake.
- Visit Teen Court in Flower Mound and Lewisville.
- View the daily “Train Robber Presentation” in Grapevine.
- Enjoy Kids Kastle in Highland Village or Kid Kountry in Coppell.
- Tour Vetro Glass Blowing Studio in Grapevine.
- Go Geocaching.
- Bike or Walk our local trails: Flower Mound Highland Village Lewisville
- Enjoy a free outdoor concert: Lewisville The Shops at Highland Village Southlake
- Watch one of the many sports games taking place at public fields in our area (soccer, baseball)
- Enjoy a free outdoor movie or event at Castle Hills in Lewisville.
- Visit the Dog Park at Railroad Park in Lewisville.
- Visit Historic downtown Grapevine. Enjoy the Grapevine Public Art Trail and Sidewalk Skaters.
- View free fireworks every Friday all summer. Can be seen from any Grapevine Lake public park.
- Enjoy Summer Nights Events in Grapevine; Fridays in July.
- Meet and Greet US Troops at DFW Airport. Bring homemade signs for the soldiers.
- Volunteer. Ranch Hand Rescue, CCA’s Food Pantry, and local animal shelters all need help.
- Take a tour of Costco in Lewisville.
- Visit Grapevine Mills Mall. Young kids enjoy the ramps and stairs; all kids can explore Rain Forest Cafe’s shop, with large aquariums, animated animals, and more.
- Attend one of the free events at Nash Farm in Grapevine.
- Enjoy holiday and seasonal events. Details can be found in our weekly newsletters and our online community calendar.
- Visit A.W. Perry Museum in Carrollton.
- Attend a free gardening workshop for kids at Calloway’s.
- Attend a free trial class at WinKids.
- Visit Bob Jones Nature Center in Southlake.
- Have a picnic at one of our area parks.
- Visit Nana’s Pacas, an alpaca farm in Flower Mound. NOTE: It has come to our attention that there is a small fee for this activity: $3 per person plus $1 if you’d like to feed the alpacas.
- Visit a local nursing home. Call the activity director in advance to see if there’s a special activity you and your kids can help with (bingo, games, etc.)
- Visit “The Tubes/The Bugs” indoor play area in Irving.
- Head to the dog park – whether you have a dog or not:)
- Just explore… take your bike or car to an area you’ve never been before. Maybe a new park or a wooded area you’ve been meaning to check out.
Do you know of more free activities in our area? Email us so we can add them to our list!
Details for all of the tours mentioned can be found HERE.
We also encourage you to visit the Family eGuide Community Calendar for date-specific activities that are free and local.
Looking for more fun events and activities?