Mornings with Mommy provides educational play-dates for young children (Infant through PreK) and their caregivers.
This program is a unique blend of story-time, playdate, and learning center that combine to meet the developmental needs of young children.
Mornings with Mommy sessions start on the Circle Time rug with songs, stories, and some flannel board activities that center on a theme like “Things that Go” or “Colors and Shapes.” Then sessions break into Mommy-led learning activities.
Here’s a look at our six learning stations.
- Gross Motor: The activity at this center requires the children to work large muscle groups. You can bet there will be some jumping, lifting, or skipping involved. This makes for some nice long naptimes in the afternoon!
- Fine Motor: This center features activities that work small muscle groups. Children will build with small blocks, put puzzles together, manipulate small pretend toys, and the like.
- Art/Craft: This center provides a fun project that parents and their kids can do together. Paint and glue are kid favorites in this room, but parents don’t mind because we clean up the mess!
- Sensory: Kids love this room! Each session we fill large bins with sensory rich material like rice or corn kernels and allow the kids to dig for treasures. Some children choose to spend the entire session here!
- Mural: Each session features a fun mural that depicts our theme. Kids can add their drawings to the mural to enhance this collective work of art.
- Infant Area: Don’t forget the babies! We have a special place for them too. It includes fun baby toys and a large mirror for them to discover their cute little selves.
Sessions end with a yummy snack for the kids. Moms, we’ve got you covered as well. We have a coffee bar that you can hit at any point in the session.
Beginning October 6th we will be offering TWO sessions each Thursday and Friday!!
Session A: 9:00-10:00 AM
Mornings with Jesus: 10:05-10:25 AM
Session B: 10:30-11:30 AM
We hope this change allows you more opportunity to enjoy our programs. Moms from BOTH sessions are welcome to attend our Mornings with Jesus devotional time at 10:05. Since this will be a larger group, we’ve made plans to offer a supervised “table time activity” for the children as well as “free play” in the church nursery to keep the kids busy while you spend fifteen minutes re-energizing for your role as caregiver.
10/06 & 10/07 At the Farm
10/20 & 10/21 All About ME!
11/03 & 11/04 Moon, Stars and Outer Space
11/17 & 11/18 Fall Harvest and Thanksgiving
12/01 & 12/02 Happy Birthday JESUS!
01/05 & 01/06 Music and Instruments
01/19 & 01/20 Winter: Snowflakes, Hats & Mittens
02/02 & 02/03 Red, Hearts, and Valentine’s Day
02/16 & 02/17 Puppies, Kittens and Pets
03/02 & 03/03 Fun with Food
03/16 & 03/17 Ducks, Rain, and Puddles
04/06 & 04/07 Eggs and Easter: Jesus is Risen!
04/20 & 04/21 Bugs, Worms, and Little Things
05/04 & 05/05 Flowers, Birds, and Mother’s Day
05/18 & 05/19 Under the Sea
Sessions are an hour long and start at 10:00 am.
Register online at www.princeofpeaceNOW.com.
Be ready, because sessions fill up fast! Also, find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/morningswithmommy.tx.
And don’t forget… Mention Family eGuide and receive One FREE Trial Session (One per session; New families only.)
Prince of Peace Lutheran Church
3601 S. Garden Ridge Blvd. Flower Mound, TX