Mornings with Mommy
Educational play-dates for young children (Infant through PreK) and their caregivers.
This program is a unique blend of story-time, playdate, and learning center that combine to meet the developmental needs of young children.
Mornings with Mommy sessions start on the Circle Time rug with songs, stories, and some flannel board activities that center on a theme like “Things that Go” or “Colors and Shapes.” Then sessions break into Mommy-led learning activities.
Here’s a look at our six learning stations.
- Gross Motor: The activity at this center requires the children to work large muscle groups. You can bet there will be some jumping, lifting, or skipping involved. This makes for some nice long naptimes in the afternoon!
- Fine Motor: This center features activities that work small muscle groups. Children will build with small blocks, put puzzles together, manipulate small pretend toys, and the like.
- Art/Craft: This center provides a fun project that parents and their kids can do together. Paint and glue are kid favorites in this room, but parents don’t mind because we clean up the mess!
- Sensory: Kids love this room! Each session we fill large bins with sensory rich material like rice or corn kernels and allow the kids to dig for treasures. Some children choose to spend the entire session here!
- Mural: Each session features a fun mural that depicts our theme. Kids can add their drawings to the mural to enhance this collective work of art.
- Infant Area: Don’t forget the babies! We have a special place for them too. It includes fun baby toys and a large mirror for them to discover their cute little selves.
Sessions end with a yummy snack for the kids. Moms, we’ve got you covered as well. We have a coffee bar that you can hit at any point in the session.
TWO sessions each Thursday and Friday!!
Session A: 9:00-10:00 AM
Mornings with Jesus: 10:05-10:25 AM
Session B: 10:30-11:30 AM
Moms from BOTH sessions are welcome to attend our Mornings with Jesus devotional time at 10:05. Since this will be a larger group, we’ve made plans to offer a supervised “table time activity” for the children as well as “free play” in the church nursery to keep the kids busy while you spend fifteen minutes re-energizing for your role as caregiver.
September 7th and 8th “Monkeys, Zebras, and the Zoo”
September 21st and 22nd “Owls, S’mores and Camping”
October 5th and 6th “I LOVE Texas”
October 19th and 20th “All About Art!”
November 2nd and 3rd “Moon, Stars and Outer Space”
November 16th and 17th “Fall Harvest and Thanksgiving”
December 7th and 8th “Happy Birthday JESUS!”
January 4th and 5th “Music and Instruments”
January 18th and 19th “Winter Days: Snowflakes, Hats & Mittens”
February 1st and 2nd “Colors and Shapes”
February 15th and 16th “Puppies, Kittens and Pets”
March 1st and 2nd “Fun with Food”
March 22nd and 23rd “Eggs and Easter: Jesus is Risen!”
April 5th and 6th “Things that Go”
April 19th and 20th “Bugs, Worms, and Little Things”
May 3rd and 4th “Flowers, Birds, and Mother’s Day”
May 17th and 18th “Under the Sea”
Sessions are an hour long and start at 10:00 am.
Register online at http://princeofpeacenow.com/mornings-with-mommy/.
Be ready, because sessions fill up fast! Also, find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/morningswithmommy.tx.
And don’t forget… Mention Family eGuide and receive One FREE Trial Session (One per session; New families only.)
Prince of Peace Lutheran Church
3601 S. Garden Ridge Blvd. Flower Mound, TX