Tongue-twisters are phrases that are designed to be challenging to say. Kids are encouraged to repeat each saying as many times as possible, as quickly as possible, without making a mistake. But enjoy the slip-ups… Tongue twisters are meant to be fun for the whole family!
Try these with your kids!
- A cheap ship trip.
- I can think of six thin things and of six thick things too.
- Sam’s shop stocks short spotted socks.
- Fat frogs flying past fast.
- Red leather, yellow leather.
- Selfish shellfish.
- Shredded Swiss cheese.
- The crow flew over the river with a lump of raw liver.
- Red bulb blue bulb, red bulb blue bulb
- Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
- Which wristwatches are Swiss wristwatches?
- Purple Paper People, Purple Paper People, Purple Paper People
- Six slippery snails, slid slowly seaward.
- Freshly-fried flying fish.
- How much wood could a wood chuck; chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood
- She sells sea shells by the sea shore
What are your favorite tongue twisters?For more fun activities in the DFW area, visit: http://familyeguide.com.