Valentines for Veterans (and other military personnel)
As we approach Valentine’s Day, let’s not forget the men and women who serve our country. Valentines can be as simple or elaborate as you’d like. If you’d like to participate, you can make as many or as few as you choose.
- Do not attach any candy or treats.
- Try not to use craft materials that can break away from your valentine. They may be shipped anywhere in the world, and you want your cards to be as beautiful when they’re read as when they were made.
- Tell a little about yourself (age, school, likes) but do not include your last name, phone number or address.
- If you make more than one valentine, please do not put individual valentines in sealed envelopes (obviously, you’ll need one sealed envelope to mail your valentines in).
- Remember to sign your valentine with your first name only.
- Tell them why you appreciate them.
Ship letters and donated items to:
Operation Gratitude/Forward Operating Base
21100 Lassen Street
Chatsworth, CA 91311-4278
***In order to receive an acknowledgment for donated items, you must include this Donation Form inside every carton. If sending more than one carton, a Donation Form must be included in each carton. Please indicate the total number of cartons being sent so we can be sure we have received all of them.
NOTE: ITEM DONATIONS SENT TO ANY OTHER ADDRESS WILL BE REJECTED OR DISCARDED!
Cards and letters may be mailed at any time of the year.
Would you like to send more? The Operation Gratitude Wish List includes lot of items that you can donate (some of which you may already have), such as:
- DVDs, CDs, and Video Games
- Beanie Babies, Webkinz, and small plush items (6 inches or smaller)
- Used Cell Phones and Video Game Systems
- Much more!