12 Days of Winter Break: Socially Distanced Edition
We created two kits with six activities each to provide you 12 days of Winter Break fun in the safety of your own home!
Pick up at either Carrollton library. No reservations needed.
All kits are FREE and available while supplies last.
WEEK ONE KIT: Pick up starts DECEMBER 21
- Luminarias: Make paper bag luminarias for windows or outdoor spots
- Ginger Who Contest: Decorate a gingerbread person to look like your favorite book character, take a photo, and post according to the instructions included
- Zooflakes: Make large paper animal snowflakes to decorate your house
- Card-making: Send gratitude this holiday season by customizing “Thank You” cards to send to friends or family members.
- Yoga: Watch a short video demonstration of simple yoga poses to help you stretch and relax
- Bookmark-making: Make a snowman bookmark in preparation for the Winter Reading Challenge!
WEEK TWO KIT: Pick up starts DECEMBER 28
- Zoom Scavenger Hunt: Find weird stuff in your home (instructions/registration information included)
- Noisemakers: Make noisemakers to use during Zoom Noon Year’s Eve party
- Resolutions: Write New Year’s resolutions
- Snowballs! Make sock snowballs and learn new ways to use them!
- Noon Year’s Eve: Zoom Noon Year’s Eve party, 11 a.m. December 31 (registration information included)
- STEM Snow: Make Epsom salt crystals