May through September is the busiest time of the year for moving. If you’re moving this summer, here are tips from the pros to master your move:
- Check the internet for pro timelines and checklists you can download to keep you on track.
- Create a moving binder where you can put all of your paperwork and keep your critical moving info within reach. You’ll thank us at tax time too!
- Sort your belongings: Toss – Donate – Sell – Take. Go room by room. Start with a little-used room like the guest room which, once the contents have been sorted, can be your Moving HQs.
- Take a photo or video of the contents of every box to give you an inventory and condition report should anything be missing or arrive broken. Then print a copy of the photo to tape onto the box to make unpacking easier.
- Draw a floor plan of your new space and mark where you want your items to go so your movers can put them right in place, straight off the truck.
- Schedule a move in and move out house cleaning with Buckets & Bows Maid Service. Ask for a professional house cleaning in your buying contract to move in to a freshly cleaned new home. And save yourself the time and stress of cleaning your old home by scheduling a move out cleaning; you have better things to do with your time!
- Only move what you love. Take photos of items you are done with but which hold special memories.
SAVE ON YOUR FIRST CLEANING!
- $100 OFF TOP TO BOTTOM CLEANING
- $50 OFF GENERAL CLEANING
Contact Buckets & Bows to discuss details.