We hear you. Weighing the pros and cons of year-round swim lessons, trying to decide how necessary it is to keep your little one in the pool week in and week out. And while you know our answer is, “Yes, they need to stay in lessons,” you may not be aware of all the reasons why. So, we’re happy to share.
- Lifesaving Skills: Children have endless options of lessons to choose from— dance, art, karate, music, etc. However, there is only one that can save your child’s life, even as an adult—swim lessons. We encourage you to look at water safety education as a staple in your child’s upbringing, like education, manners and eating vegetables. Because swimming is a life skill. Plain and simple.
- Practice Makes Progression: Keeping your child enrolled in year-round swim lessons will help them retain their learned skills and prevent seasonal regression. Just like teachers encourage children to continue reading, writing and practicing math facts over the summer, young swimmers need regular, consistent practice to progress toward a lifetime of safe and confident swimming.
- Year-Round Exercise: Every season is swim season at Aqua-Tots Swim Schools with our indoor 90° pool. Swimming is an excellent source of exercise, burning 500 – 700 calories per hour. In fact, according to Swimming World Magazine, swimming is an all-body exercise and uses more muscles than baseball and football.
- Brain Boosts: Griffith University found many academic benefits that swimming has on children three to five years old. According to the study, children who swam consistently at an early age were 11 months ahead in verbal skills, six months ahead in math skills, two months ahead in literacy, 17 months ahead in story recall and 20 months ahead in understanding directions.
- Swim, Socialize & Reduce Stress: Children experience stress just like the rest of us, and childhood stress often occurs in situations that require change, such as new teachers, new classrooms, new friends, new study loads, etc. Swimming for just 30 minutes, three times a week, can lower stress levels, improve mood, lower incidents of depression and anxiety, and improve sleep patterns. The gentle stretching of muscles, the repetition of strokes and deep breathing are all meditative in nature and have been compared to the de-stressing attributes of yoga.
We understand schedules change with the seasons and life can get hectic, that’s why we offer flexible class schedules and hassle-free make-up lessons. We encourage you to keep your tots splashing all year; we’ll be here! Enroll in swim lessons at Aqua-Tots Flower Mound today!
Aqua-Tots Swim School- Flower Mound
6060 Long Prairie Rd. #100, Flower Mound, TX 75028
(214) 396-7900 or email email@example.com
To learn more or to enroll in swim lessons, visit