Summer is almost here, and in-person camps are back. Kids are ready to get outdoors, explore, and have some fun.
Why summer camps are great for kids
Some of a child’s favorite experiences come from participating in summer camps. Summer camps provide numerous benefits to kids, allowing them to:
- Make new friends.
- Build self-esteem.
- Get plenty of exercise.
- Prevent summer learning loss.
- Beat boredom.
- Work together with their peers.
- Recharge their batteries.
- Spend time exploring new interests.
- Learn skills that will last a lifetime.
KidzToPros On-Campus Summer Camps in Dallas
KidzToPros offers a range of popular STEM, arts and sports summer camps for kids from Pre-K to grade 12. At KidzToPros camps, kids can explore a variety of topics in a fun and engaging environment. Strong partnerships with Dallas schools allow KidzToPros to bring the highest quality programming directly to your community.
This summer, KidzToPros delivers popular, educational and fun camps. Here are some of their most popular offerings:
Makerspace + Play It All! Sports where kids ages 4-6 and 6-8 design and build creative projects AND learn a variety of sports. Each camp session features a different Makerspace theme. Check out Games & Toys and Vehicles & Structures.
- Use Makerspace and age-appropriate materials, tools, and building techniques.
- Learn more about how things work, how they are made, and where good ideas come from.
- Exercise and learn the basics of various sports like basketball and soccer during Play It All! Sports time.
Wonder Robotics + Play It All! Sports where kids ages 4-6 and 6-8 work with “Dash” a blue robot that they can program through a series of missions. They will spend afternoons playing fun sports and activities. Campers will:
- Learn the basics of coding and programming your Dash robot.
- Mix STEM, creative thinking, problem-solving and teamwork.
- Learn the basics of popular sports, including basketball and soccer, in Play It All! Sports.
Tennis camps are where kids ages 7-11 improve coordination, concentration, focus, and independence. Campers will:
- Learn racquet control and footwork drills for the forehands, backhands, approaches, volleys, and serves.
- Develop spatial awareness, timing, control, and great form.
- Stay mentally and physically engaged.
Improv Comedy gets the creativity and improvisation skills flowing with fun, kid-friendly workshops.
In IMPROV COMEDY: CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT CAMP kids ages 10-14 will:
- Cooperate with scene partners.
- Build a story.
- Focus on character development.
In IMPROV COMEDY: SCENE WORK CAMP kids ages 10-14 will:
- Learn that teamwork is the nature of scene work.
- Cooperate to tell stories together in shared universes with invisible “props.”
- Keep moving and tell their own stories.
Java Game Design helps kids ages 14-18 learn STEM skills, express their creativity and create video games to play with others. Campers will:
- Learn Java, the most widely used programming language in the world.
- Learn academic skills, including object-oriented programming concepts and skills in Greenfoot.
- Understand classes & objects, data types, conditional statements and iteration.