Nation’s Largest WWII Themed Airshow Returns October 25-27
Commemorative Air Force’s Wings Over Dallas is an action-packed weekend at Dallas Executive Airport
Our sponsor, The Commemorative Air Force (CAF), announces the return of the CAF Wings Over Dallas WWII Airshow on Oct. 25-27, 2019,at Dallas Executive Airport, presented by Frost Bank.
** SEE GIVEAWAY BELOW **
The event annually attracts more than 15,000 visitors from more than 30states, attracted by spectacular flying demonstrations, battle reenactments, World War II veteran appearances, living history encampments, hands-on family activities, aircraft rides, cockpit tours and more.
Plans for this year’s show include a re-enactment of the 1941 Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor titled Tora Tora Tora. The fiery show features 68 pyrotechnic effects and six to eight replica Japanese aircraft in air battle reenactments with American fighters.
More than 30historicaircraft are set to participate in the airshow. A special emphasis will be on aircraft of the Pacific Theater including a PBJ Semper Fi, FM2 Wildcat, FG-1D Corsair,and an F6FHellcat. To honor the 75thanniversary of the World War II’s end, an “Arsenal of Democracy” lineup representing all aircraft categories includes well known CAF aircraft B-17 Texas Raiders, P-51 Gunfighter and C-47 That’s All, Brother.
The aerial activities will be supported on the ground by personal appearances from numerous veterans, living history reenactment groups and military vehicles. Rides in many of the aircraft are available and can be booked via the event website.
CAF Wings Over Dallas begins with an Education Day on Friday, October 25. On that date, schools and homeschool groups are invited to attend the airshow free of charge with prior registration. Education Day registration information can be found at https://wingsoverdallas.org/education-day/.
Tickets are on sale at www.wingsoverdallas.org.
- Friday, Oct. 25 from 9:30 a.m.to 3 p.m. (no admittance after 1 p.m.)
- Saturday, Oct. 26 from9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (no admittance after 3 p.m.)
- Sunday, Oct. 27 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (no admittance after 3 p.m.)
Dallas Executive Airport5303 Challenger Drive, Dallas, TX 75237
Some highlights that are perfect for families and kids:
- Aviation Discovery Day is Friday, October 25. This day (formerly known as Education Day) is FREE to schools and homeschool groups who register online here: https://wingsoverdallas.org/education-day/
- EVERY day offers amazing educational opportunities, such as the Living History area. This massive re-enactor encampment features actual WWII vehicles, simulated military camp areas with uniformed re-enactors teaching children important historical facts from WWII in an engaging, hands-on environment. More info on the Living History area can be found here: https://wingsoverdallas.org/living-history/
- The chance to MEET some amazing WWII heroes in person, while they are still alive. Our WWII veterans are dying at an alarming rate, and some of the most amazing living veterans will be at Wings over Dallas. These include pilots and gunners who served in Japanese POW camps, D-Day veterans, including the last living Pathfinder pilot and more.
TICKETS (SEE PROMO CODE BELOW & SAVE!):
- Adult admission: $20 + service fee online/ $25 at the gate
- Student Admission: $15 + service fee online/ $20 at the gate Ages 12-17
- Child General Admission: $5 + service fee online/ $10 at the gate Ages 6-11
- Kids (5 and younger): FREE
- Prime View Saturday, Oct. 26: $69 + service fee online
- Prime View Sunday, Oct. 27: $69 + service fee online
- Active Military Admission: $15 + service fee online/ $20 at the gate
- CAF Member Admission: $15 + service fee online/ $20 at the gate
Use promo code AirUVQUW and receive $5 off General Admission ticket!
- Not valid for Prime View seating.
Discount applies to the following ticket(s):
Friday, 10/25 > General Admission | Friday
Friday, 10/25 > Veteran Ticket | Friday
Sat 10/26 or Sun 10/27 > General Admission | Saturday or Sunday
Sat 10/26 or Sun 10/27 > Child Admission | Saturday or Sunday
Sat 10/26 or Sun 10/27 > Student Admission | Saturday or Sunday
Sat 10/26 or Sun 10/27 > Colonel Member Admission | Saturday or Sunday
Sat 10/26 or Sun 10/27 > Active Military Admission | Saturday or Sunday
Promo value: $5.00 off
Promos can be used: An unlimited number of times
Discount limited to: 1 ticket(s) per order
For a promotional video on the show, go to https://youtu.be/3jCKytf-T88.
GIVEAWAY: Win a Family 4-pack (2 adults/2 kids)
Four ways to enter!
- “Like” this Facebook Post and and LIKE our page (or we can’t tag you that you won) for one entry.
- “Share” this Facebook Post on your wall using the share button for an entry.
- Tag 2 friends in the comments of this Facebook Post for an entry!
- Follow the Commemorative Air Force on Facebook for an entry and comment on this Facebook Post that you’ve done so!
Giveaway is open to Texas residents only. Must be at least 18 years old to enter. Tickets valid for single day General Admission on October 25, 26, or 27, 2019. Giveaway ends at midnight on Wednesday, October 16, 2019. Winner will be announced here and on Facebook on Thursday, October 17. Winner must respond within 24 hours or a new winner may be chosen.
About the Commemorative Air Force:
Through six decades of collecting, restoring and flying World War II aircraft,the CAF has become the world’s largest flying museum with a fleet of 170 airplanes supported by 11,000 volunteer members. Nearly all the aircraft are kept in flying condition,enabling people to experience first-hand the sight and sound of vintage military aircraft in flight.
The mission of the CAF is to educate, inspire and honor through flight and living history experiences. To further its mission,the CAF produces many aviation events across the country, including the CAF Wings Over Houston Airshow, which annually attracts more than90,000spectators and was honored as 2015 Airshow of the Year by the International Council of Airshows.
For more information, visit wingsoverdallas.org.