Due to the rapidly evolving situation with the Coronavirus, it’s virtually impossible to update all of the events on our site as quickly as they’re changing. Therefore, we’ve implemented this page to keep you as updated as possible.
During this time, please disregard events on our community calendar. As you know, most, if not all community events are being cancelled for an indeterminate amount of time.
PLEASE HELP: If you know of additional changes, please email us.
Known Closures & Cancellations as of 3/14/20:
- All public events cancelled through the end of March.
- Libraries and rec centers closed to the public.
- No gatherings of more than 500 people through Friday, March 20
- For further updates, visit https://www.cityofcarrollton.com/residents/resources/coronavirus
- The CORE will be closed to the public from Saturday, March 14 through Friday, March 20.
- Wagon Wheel Tennis Center will be closed to the public from Saturday, March 14 through Friday, March 20. There will be no private lessons during this time.
- The Biodiversity Education Center will be closed to the public from Saturday, March 14 through Friday, March 20. All planned activities during this time have been canceled.
- The Cozby Library and Community Commons will be closed to the public from Saturday, March 14 through Friday, March 20. All planned activities during this time have been canceled.
- Life Safety Park will be closed to the public from Saturday, March 14 through Friday, March 20. All planned activities during this time have been canceled.
- The Sunset Social scheduled for Friday, March 20 in Old Town has been canceled and will not be rescheduled.
- For further updates, visit http://www.coppelltx.gov/coronavirus.
- Town of Flower Mound is closing its Public Library, Community Activity Center, and Senior Center until Sunday, March 22.
- Festival of Colors in Canyon Falls is cancelled.
- For further updates, visit https://www.flower-mound.com/covid19.
- Denton County Natatorium and Senior Center closed until further notice.
- Certain areas of Parks and Recreation facilities will be closed through Sunday, March 22, such as gymnasiums, fitness areas, meeting rooms, and the walking track at the Denton Civic Center. Signs will be posted at these facilities.
- All City-sponsored events and programs suspended through March 22.
- Thin Line Fest is cancelling all in-person events and moving the FREE film festival online. Get details at https://thinline.us/
- For additional updates, visit https://www.cityofdenton.com/en-us/government/health-safety/covid-19-information.
- All below are closed/cancelled until further notice:
- Grapevine Public Library – Drive-thru will remain open to pick-up items on reserve and for returns
- The REC of Grapevine (including all operations and programs)
- All city organized/sponsored youth sports suspended
- Community Outreach Center (and programs)
- Municipal Golf Course
- All Museums
- Convention Center
- Palace Theater
- CVB – Special event train excursions – (this includes the “Kiss Me I’m Irish” train event)
- Great Wolf Lodge closed through April 1st (https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus/great-wolf-lodge-closing-all-resorts-amid-coronavirus-concerns/2330396/).
- The Compassion Experience (March 20-23) has been cancelled.
- For further updates, visit https://gograpevine.com/covid19/ or https://www.grapevinetexas.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=708.
- Grapevine Mills: Easter Bunny Cancelled or postponed? (Waiting for confirmation from GV Mills)
LEWISVILLE (Updated 3/17):
All closures will be in effect for up to eight weeks through Sunday, May 10, and will be re-evaluated each week based on a current risk assessment.
- LISD suspends normal operating procedures through April 3 due to COVID-19, with the possibility of additional closures. They will continue to monitor and evaluate the situation. For updates, visit https://www.lisd.net/coronavirus.
- Lewisville Public Library will remain closed through the emergency period. The drive-up window will remain open and library staff will remain accessible by phone or email.
- Frederick P. Herring Recreation Center remains open but limited to 50 visitors at a time. Visitors must consent to being screened before being allowed to enter, and they are expected to limit their visit to no longer than two hours. The fitness room is closed. Operating hours have been shortened to 6:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, and 1-6 p.m. Sunday.
- Programming at Frederick P. Herring Recreation Center is cancelled.
- The Senior Activity Center, located inside Music City Mall, is closed and all senior related activities at Frederick P. Herring Recreation Center are cancelled.
- The Visitor Information Center is closed.
- All special events planned through May 10, are cancelled. That includes Paws in the Park, Funny Bunny, ColorPalooza, Mariposas, KTA Jam Session, and the Bassmaster fishing tournament. Attempts will be made to reschedule some activities where possible.
- All events, city and private, scheduled through May 10 at Medical City Lewisville Grand Theater are cancelled. Attempts will be made to reschedule some performances where possible.
- LLELA remains open, but all programming is cancelled.
- League and tournament play on city athletic fields is suspended.
- City parks, including boat ramps, remain open but pavilion and other rentals are cancelled. Refunds can be requested.
- No new arrivals will be allowed at Lake Park campground, but current guests can remain in place at this time. For updates, visit https://www.cityoflewisville.com/. Michaels Stores: All Kids Club, Make Breaks, and Spring Make Camps cancelled until further notice.
- Postponing all Recreation Center programming, including recreation classes until April 1.
- The Recreation Center will remain open, but we are continuing to assess the situation and potential for closure. There will be no KidZone during this time.
- All Little Elm Public Library regular and special programs are canceled until April 1.
- The Library will remain open, but we are continuing to assess the situation and potential for closure.
- Police and fire station tours are not currently available.
- For updates, visit https://littleelm.org/1446/Coronavirus-Information
- City Closures and Cancellations until March 31:
- All Council, Board, and Commission meetings, following the March 17, City Council meeting,
- The Southlake Public Library
- The Marq Southlake Legends Hall.
- The Marq Southlake Champions Club
- All Senior Activity Center programs.
- All City of Southlake classes and programs
- Cross Timbers Forest Preschool at Bob Jones Nature Center
- All Volunteer Southlake opportunities/assignments.
- For additional details, visit https://www.cityofsouthlake.com/2792/Protect-Southlake.
- Michaels Stores: All Kids Club, Make Breaks, and Spring Make Camps cancelled until further notice.
- Closing the Recreation Center and Community/Senior Center through the month of March.
- For updates, visit https://www.thecolonytx.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=720&fbclid=IwAR2PdvfjUlcGkbc1ZukvQxnMMcp3AMY8udWJLizE1rugGjloKVdaooyFJnc
Get a list of DFW school districts that have extended spring break by a week or more at https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus/school-districts-extend-spring-break-by-one-week/2329480/
For additional information:
- Denton County Health Department: https://dentoncounty.gov/coronavirus.
- Collin County Health Department: https://www.collincountytx.gov/Pages/default.aspx
- Tarrant County Health Department: https://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/public-health.html
- Dallas County Health Department: https://www.dallascounty.org/departments/dchhs/