- 4 Cups freshly popped popcorn (I use microwave popcorn)
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar
- ½ Cup butter
- ½ Cup corn syrup (light)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Put popped corn in shallow roasting pan (large pan).
- In heavy saucepan mix sugar, butter and corn syrup.
- Stir over medium heat until boiling.
- Continue boiling 5 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour over popcorn and stir to coat well.
- Bake in preheated 250 degree oven for 1 hour, stirring several times.
- Cool and break apart and store in tightly covered container. (Cool on waxed paper so it won’t stick to pan)
I love to add 1 Cup of pecans to mine. Cashews or peanuts are good too!
~ Recipe from reader, Stephanie Welch