Hit DCTA’s A-train Rail Trail for Summer Fun and Adventure
You don’t have to go far to have a good time as there are so many fun places to visit in your community that are accessible from our A-train Rail Trail that connects Denton County residents to approximately 19 miles of accessible paths spanning from Denton to Lewisville. The pristine concrete paths mixed with scenic views allow residents the ability to walk, run, bike and more with ease! Our rail trail is a fun way to get some fresh air and visit all the fun things Denton County has to offer.
Check out places to visit in major Denton County cities:
- Downtown Denton shops, restaurants and other entertainment (our rail trail is approximately half a mile from our Downtown Denton Transit Center)
- Fred Moore Park (accessible via Prairie St)
- Shops of Highland Village and The Marketplace at Highland Village (Accessible via the Highland Village Lyft Discount program)
- Highland Village Double Ranch Park (this park can be accessed by using the Garden Ridge bridge)
- Copperas Branch Park (this park can be accessed by using the Garden Ridge bridge)
- Toyota Railroad Park (rail trail goes through the park)
- Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area (LLELA) (the bike trail goes right by the entrance)
- Lewisville Lake and Lake Park (trail is approximately half a mile from the entrance to Lewisville Lake Park).
- Old Town Lewisville shops, restaurants and other entertainment venues (trail is approximately half a mile from Old Town Lewisville)
Other trails connecting to our rial are the Denton Branch Rail Trail, Lewisville and Highland Village trails. With these connectivity options, it’s easy to take a trip on the A-train Rail Trail from your city!
Rail Trail Amenities
Did you know that our rail trail’s scenic views are so popular that the Lewisville Hike and Bike and Denton Branch Rail Trails (both a part of our A-train Rail Trail) were listed in the top five scenic trails Dallas-Fort Worth by Only in Your State blog? You have a top-ranked scenic trail right in your backyard to enjoy without having to travel to the big city!
While on our rail trail, there are rest stops with benches and trash cans as well as safety features like the Z crossing fence. The Z crossing fence is primarily for cyclists to dismount, look both ways and cross the street, but it’s encouraged for all of those using the trail to stop and look both ways too.
Parking and Rail Trail Access
Access to our rail trail is available from our five A-train stations (from north to south):
- Downtown Denton Transit Center (604 E. Hickory St. Denton)
- MedPark station (3220 MedPark Dr., Denton)
- Highland Village/Lewisville Lake station (2998 N. Stemmons Freeway, Lewisville)
- Old Town station (617 E. Main St., Lewisville)
- Hebron station (952 Lakeside Circle, Lewisville)
Bikes are allowed on the A-train. For more information about bringing your bike on the A-train visit our Bikes and Transit page on our website.