- This event has passed.
Kids Fishing Event Lewisville
September 17 @ 11:00 AM
One event on October 11, 2021 at 11:00 AM
Bring the whole family and learn how to catch a fish “this big!”
Instructors from LLELA will teach you how to properly prepare a fishing pole to include knots, bait, sinkers, and bobbers. Registration is $10 per person, and includes pole rental during the event and instruction by a certified TPWD Angler Education instructor!
Adults 17 and older must have a valid Texas freshwater fishing license. Visit tpwd.texas.gov for details.
Friday, September 17, 2021 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Monday, October 11, 2021 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Railroad Park Fishing Pier
1301 S. Railroad Street
Lewisville, Texas 75057
Things You’ll Need to Know
- Registration is required. Contact Nature Programs Coordinator Tiara Chapman at 469.635.5482 or email@example.com
- Wear closed-toe shoes, long pants, long sleeves, sunscreen, and a hat.
- Bring AT LEAST one full (and refillable) water bottle per person.
- Fishing gear is not required. We have all the kids’ gear necessary for this activity, but you are welcome to bring your own rods and reels, tackle boxes, etc. if preferred. Adults who intend to fish will need a current fishing license and their own gear.
- Check and prepare for any weather. We’ll try not to cancel due to weather unless it’s raining.
- Enjoy roughing it. LLELA is a completely outdoor facility without plumbing. There are portable toilets close to the river outlet parking lot. You will have access to this area before and after the fishing activity, but not during.
- Respect wildlife. LLELA is here to preserve wildlife and habitat. Please respect the animals and plants at all times. We ask all visitors to Leave No Trace: Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but memories, kill nothing but time.