Planning a Disney vacation is an exciting time but there is so much involved in preparation. No matter how prepared you are, there are common things that surprise guests when they first visit Walt Disney World.
Here are some tips to make your first trip a huge success:
- Disney is always changing so the information you found on the internet with which you planned your trip is now outdated. The plans you thought you had on how to do something isn’t what you are able to do. Use a travel planner that is full time focused on booking Disney vacations. They will give you the most current information.
- You will be walking a lot. Walt Disney World is 40 square miles which is about the size of San Francisco to put it into perspective. You could be walking about 8-12 miles every day. Make sure to bring comfortable shoes and break them in prior to your trip. Bring a stroller for a younger child that won’t be able to handle all that walking even if they don’t use one at home.
- It takes time to get from your resort to the parks each day and from one park to another. Disney has multiple types of transportation to take you all over Disney property. Given the size of Walt Disney World, give yourself 60-90 minutes travel time before any scheduled reservation.
- You will not be able to see and do everything there is in the parks during your trip. Over-scheduling will only lead to meltdowns for both the parents and the children. Allow time to enjoy the view of Cinderella’s castle, watch your child’s face as they take in a show, and simply breathe. You will never regret taking time to simply enjoy each other’s company and reactions.
- You will run out of power on your phone. Between the My Disney Experience app, taking photos, and checking social media, you will need a phone charger sometime during your trip. Bring one from home or stop at one of Disney’s free charging stations located within the parks.
A Disney vacation with your family is one you will never forget and with realistic expectations it will be one of the best you’ve ever had.
Be sure to reach out to Michelle at email@example.com or 214-566-4572 to learn more about a Disney vacation and all the special offers available.
Michelle is a graduate of Disney’s College of Knowledge and takes great pride in providing custom, VIP, memorable Disney vacations.
All of Michelle’s planning services are complimentary.