2020 Summer Reading Club
Because the Library cannot ensure social distancing during youth programs, we are converting as many of our previously scheduled activities as is feasible to either a virtual or a “grab-and-go” option. Check this page for forthcoming information on how to join virtual programs and/or be provided with materials for weekly crafts and activities.
2020 Summer Reading Challenges
Pre-registration for new accounts begins May 18. If you already have an account from a previous summer, please login using the same username and password. If you are unsure of your login information, you may use the “Forgot your password?” link to obtain your username and reset your password.
Programs run June 1 and end July 31.
Prize pickup begins June 8
In-person prize pickup will be limited. Skip the line and avoid the wait by filling out this form to let Library staff know you would like to receive the prizes earned so far, and Library staff will send a confirmation email when your prizes are ready for you to schedule your contactless or in-person pickup. The last day to receive prizes earned by July 31 is August 11.
- Birth to Pre-K
- Middle & High School
All weekly children’s classes in the summer session will be held via Zoom. Please email Ms. Heather to receive instructions on how to join. Days and times will remain the same.
- Buzzing Bumblebees: Geared toward children who are not yet walking, this class will encourage babies to explore the world of language and develop motor skills through books, songs, rhymes and related activities. Mondays at 9:30 a.m. and Tuesdays at 11 a.m. Registration is not required
- Wiggly Walkers: Class designed for “new walkers” (those just starting to walk and still require some assistance) up to the age of two. Wiggly Walkers encourages tots to build early literacy skills through music, books, and rhyme. Wednesdays @ 9:30am and Thursdays @ 11am
- Romping Rhymers: Two- and three-year-olds will have a rollicking time reading, singing, and dancing while continuing to build literacy skills. Wednesdays at 11am & Thursdays at 9:30am.
- Leaping Learners: Children ages three to five will share books, sing songs, and develop group listening skills in this class designed as a launch pad to reading. Mondays at 11am and Tuesdays at 9:30am.
Monthly Children’s Programs
All monthly children’s programs are canceled for Summer 2020.
Grab-and-Go Crafts for Elementary
Make something new with us every week! Grab-and-Go crafts will be available in the Library or by request at contactless pickup starting June 1, while supplies last. Missed a week? We’ll make many of our resources available on this page for you to print at home!
- June 1: Dragons
- June 8: Jack & the Beanstalk
- June 15: Greek Mythology
- June 22: Fairy Tale Princesses
- June 29: Ancient Egypt
- July 6: Arthurian Legends
- July 13: Unicorn Stories
- July 20: Witches & Wizards
- July 27: Outta This World
Virtual Summer: Teen Grades 6-12
All virtual events will start at 5 p.m. Email Ms. Courtney to receive the instructions to join.
- June 3: Film Fanatics Join us on Discord to watch Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Rated PG-13), as voted on by TAG.
- June 10: Percy Jackson Random Fandom It’s a day to celebrate all things Percy Jackson! Watch themed video tutorials on fun crafts and yummy treats, participate in our cosplay show, and join us on Zoom for some fun trivia games!
- June 17: Teen Time: Join us as we play various fun group games on Zoom!
- June 24: Whodunit?: There’s been a murder in the library! Can you figure out who the killer is before they strike again?
- July 1: Film Fanatics: Join us on Discord to watch Labyrinth (PG), as voted on by TAG.
- July 8: Harry Potter Random Fandom It’s a day to celebrate all things Harry Potter! Watch themed video tutorials on fun crafts and yummy treats, participate in our cosplay show, and join us on Zoom for some fun trivia games!
- July 15: Teen Time Join us as we play various fun group games on Zoom!
- July 22: Zombie Escape Room A virus has turned everyone into zombies! Can you escape in time?
- July 29: AniManga Watch popular anime shows on Discord and chat with other fans.
For more info, visit www.flower-mound.com/1774/Summer-at-the-Library-Imagine-Your-Story
Flower Mound Library3030 Broadmoor Ln, Flower Mound, TX 75022 Phone:(972) 874-6200 Website
Looking for more fun events and activities?