Fossil Rim has REOPENED!
Fossil Rim was thrilled to announce their reopening May 11. To proceed responsibly, they decided on a multi-phased opening, so please refer back to this page for the latest updates.
During their 52 days of closure, staff continued to care for the 1,100-plus animals that call Fossil Rim home.
What Is Now Different?
Please note that in order to provide an enjoyable and safe experience for our guests, our staff, and our animals, there are several important changes to our normal admissions and operating procedures.
- All tickets to Fossil Rim (including self-drive tours) must be purchased online prior to arriving at the facility.
- Members can still visit for free, but check-in for members must be done at the admission office upon arrival
- When purchasing tickets, you will choose your desired day and two-hour arrival window. Your ticket will be valid for that day and arrival window only. You may arrive anytime during your scheduled arrival window and take as long as you like within Fossil Rim.
- Please use any web browser other than Internet Explorer to reserve tickets (it won’t work).
- At this time, there are no guided tours available. Self-drive tours are the only available option. We hope to resume guided tours in the near future.
Some Facilities Remain Closed
- As part of a multiphase reopening plan, the following park amenities are currently still closed: Children’s Animal Center and indoor public restrooms.
- Porta-Potties are available in parking lots at the Front Gate and Overlook. There are two wheelchair accessible Porta-Potties at the entrance and one at the halfway point.
Face Coverings Recommended
In order to maintain maximum safety for our guests and staff, please wear a cloth face covering when you exit your vehicle for any reason.