Items needed: bananas, popsicle sticks/sucker sticks, aluminum foil or plastic wrap, knife, plastic wrap, melted chocolate or pieces, sprinkles, nuts, other toppings of your choice.
- Cut bananas in half
- Insert stick ½ to 1 inch into the banana half
- Spread peanut butter or chocolate onto the halves.
- Add sprinkles, chocolate pieces, etc. to coated banana half
- Wrap in foil or plastic wrap
- Place in freezer for 2 hours or until frozen
- Smaller children will need help with spreading the peanut butter or chocolate
- The banana will turn on round sticks.
- Spread the peanut butter carefully as not to tear the banana. You can also melt the peanut butter slightly in the microwave for easy application.
- If child is allergic to peanuts try Rice Kripsies as a topping
- Use different fruit if your child doesnt like bananas.
My girls love to make these. When we make these, we make at least 2 a piece. If they can’t wait until they are completely frozen, they can eat one as it is and freeze the other.
Pictures and details can be found at: