Attractions and activities include PlayGrand Adventures, indoor/outdoor waterpark fun, the world’s oddest museum and more…
Visit Grand Prairie wants Texans to know that Grand Prairie is ready to welcome families for staycationing and day tripping.
“Grand Prairie has something to offer everyone, whether our visitors are grandparents making memories with grandchildren, couples looking for adventure, or kids and parents seeking budget-friendly fun,” said Sara Dedeluk, Manager for Visit Grand Prairie. “We’re home to some of the most out-of-the-ordinary and distinctive destinations in this part of Texas, with everything from power shopping to golf to chef-driven dining available and conveniently located near many of our area’s major highways. If you’re in the market for serious fun this spring, Grand Prairie is ready to deliver!”
Dedeluk said that Grand Prairie visitors are encouraged to do two things when planning an outing.
- First, stop by the Tourist Information Center near Lone Star Park at I-30 and Beltline. Get coupons and tips, not just for Grand Prairie venues but for destinations around North Texas. There’s also a super fun background perfect for selfies, plus a gift shop loaded with jewelry, candles, and souvenirs.
- Be sure and check out the websites and social media of any destination before you head out, in order to familiarize yourself with the venue’s health and safety protocols and recommendations.
Contact Visit Grand Prairie via visitgrandprairietx.com/ to find out more.”
Snapshot of Signature Grand Prairie Destinations:
- PlayGrand Adventures: One of the most charming destinations that Grand Prairie has to offer, PlayGrand Adventures features acres of beautiful, state-of-the-art play structures providing adaptive/accessible outdoor fun for children and adults of all abilities—and best of all, it’s free! As of March 1, the playground is re-opening daily from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. More.
- Epic Waters Indoor Waterpark: Among Grand Prairie’s top attractions is this 80,000 square-foot indoor/outdoor waterpark, billed as a “cruise ship on land”, that’s open rain or shine. Notable draws include waterslides with thrills from “mild to wild”, a FlowRider surfing simulator, an interactive children’s area, an outdoor wave pool, full-service bar, and an arcade. Plus there’s free parking and some of the yummiest pizza you’ll ever taste. Open daily through March 30, hours vary. Multi-day passes available.
- EpicCentral Grand Prairie: Both Epic Waters and PlayGrand Adventures are located within minutes of each other on the EpicCentral Grand Prairie campus, a recreation and entertainment development located along the southern corridor of State Highway 161. Other EpicCentral destinations include The Epic Arts, Fitness and Entertainment Center; The Summit Active Adult Center; and the GrandLawn Amphitheater. Find out more about Self-Guided Spring Break at EpicCentral.
- Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie: Excitement reigns (or is that “reins”?) every day Lone Star Park, a top shelf horseracing venue built around a seven-level glass grandstand as well as a racebook and simulcast facility, Bar & Book. Live races don’t begin until April 22, but you can still watch and bet on simulcast races and enjoy first class food and drink at Bar & Book, open at 10 a.m. daily. More.
- Ripley’s Grand Prairie: Discover the strange, the shocking, and the beautiful at Ripley’s Believe It Or Not!, the only North Texas destination where you can take a selfie with your favorite (wax) celebrity, check out a spinning vortex tunnel, or interact with an array of oddities and adventures you just can’t find anywhere else. Attractions include the Palace of Wax, Ripley’s 7D Moving Theatre, Ripley’s Enchanted Mirror Maze, and more. Open daily from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Grand Prairie Premium Outlets: This shopper’s paradise does not disappoint, featuring 90-plus designer and name brand outlets boasting discounts of up to 65% off. Pro Tip: Sign up for the VIP Club for additional access and offers. Open daily, hours vary. NOTE: Shopping fanatics should also check out Trader’s Village, a ginormous weekend flea market offering bargains galore and an outdoor shopping experience. The Village’s famous Auto Swap Meet is scheduled for March 26-27. More.
TO FIND OUT MORE about Grand Prairie’s signature dining destinations, Grand Prairie golf, hiking and biking opportunities and more things to do: Go to visitgrandprairietx.com or follow us at @visit_grandprairie on Instagram.