Storybook Adventure Passport: Hands-On Tour Through Historic Downtown Grapevine
Step back in time with Grapevine’s exciting hands-on educational experience, Grapevine Pioneers, which takes place throughout Grapevine’s Historic District. Starting May 23, participants will have the opportunity to experience the life of a pioneer on the Grapevine Prairie by taking part in 1800s skills and trades activities spread across five separate museums and historic sites.
May 23 – September 20, 2020
10:00 AM to 4:00 PM Tuesday-Sunday
Historic Downtown Grapevine
Price: $12 Field Book (Passport) OR $3 per activity
Program attendees may begin their journey at either Nash Farm (626 Ball St.) or Grapevine’s Visitor Information Center (636 S. Main St.) where they can purchase the official Grapevine Pioneer Field Journal. The Field Journal may be purchased for $12 (a $22 value), and includes tickets for activities, as well as a complimentary matinée admission to the Historic Palace Theatre’s Summer Movie Series, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, starting June 9. Individual activity tickets may also be purchased separately from the Field Journal for $3.
Your adventure includes:
- Create your own bandana in the Historic Cotton Belt Railroad District.
- Visit the Grapevine Tin Shop to make your own tin nameplate.
- Print your own 19th century game and weave a flower out of yarn at the Settlement to City Museums.
- Head to Historic Nash Farm to craft a toy sheep and make a wooden boat. While there, be sure to tour the original Farmhouse and visit the animals.
- The Grapevine Pioneers Storybook Adventure Passport also includes admission to one Summer Movie Series matinée at the Palace Theatre*.
Activities subject to change without notice.
*Palace Theatre Summer Movie Series: every Tuesday & Wednesday, Jun 9–Aug 5 at 11 a.m.
For more information about Grapevine Pioneers or to purchase tickets, please call 817.410.3185 or visit GrapevineTexasUSA.com/GrapevinePioneers.