High School Volunteers Needed
Do you need Community Service Hours?
(or just want to serve by assisting Kindergarteners and 1st Graders)
Join us this summer as our “Camp Counselors!”
LISD Kindergarten & 1st Grade “Camp-N-Pals Summer School Session”
We’ll be pitching tents and camping in the classrooms, exploring the Amazonian Rainforest, and discovering the savannah of Africa.
“Camp” Session: June 8-30 – Volunteer for as little as 3 hours or as much as 3 ½ weeks!
Sign up on Early Childhood Programs page of the LISD website. http://goo.gl/forms/kSwbEujatI
General Information: The 2016 Summer School Session is modeled like “Summer Camp” and will include classes for 4-6 year olds who are learning English as their Second Language. This would be a great place for volunteers to practice Spanish or other languages.
- Tuesday June 7 is Orientation and Set up Day; Classes start June 8th.
- The Summer School Schedule for Kindergarten and First Grade is June 8-30 (17 Days)
- The School Day is 7:50 – 2:50.
The locations are:
- Lillie J. Jackson Early Childhood Center, 1651 S. Valley Parkway, Lewisville, TX 75067
- Central Elementary, 400 High School Drive Lewisville, TX 75057
- Peters Colony Elementary, 5101 Nash Drive, The Colony TX 75056
Community Service hours will be in 3 hour shifts: 8:00-11:00 AM and 12:00-3:00 PM
Volunteers may sign up for as little as 3 hours per day or as many as 6 hours a day.
The total amount of Community Service hours is up to the volunteer, with a minimum of 3 hours.
A sign-up sheet to reserve dates and times is available through the LISD website. See Early Childhood Summer School.
Dates of service are reserved on a “1st come, 1st serve” basis. You will be notified of your assigned dates/times by May 30th.
- Set up tents in indoor campsite (And take down @ end of camp)
- Supervise Campsite and assist with activities
- Assist with assembly of cardboard trees in each classroom
- Assist the teacher with classroom activities, centers and small groups
- Read to campers
- Prepare materials for projects
- Assist w/ arts/crafts (Please allow the child to DO the project.)
- Assist with technology, games and puzzles
- Assist campers with clean up by
- Returning items to proper places
- Sweeping, if necessary
- Cleaning paint brushes, trays, tables,…
- Assisting with transitions in hallways
- Participating in outdoor and gym activities
- Singing with campers
- Engaging campers with questions and conversations
- Volunteers sign in and out daily.
- No texting, unless instructed otherwise, or phone conversations while assisting
- Service Hours are maintained throughout Camp for each volunteer and a Letter of Service with each volunteer’s hours will be sent to the sponsoring teacher or school at the end of the session
- If you are unable to attend on a scheduled day, please call or text ASAP your campsite coordinator