MY FIRST FISH
Ready? Set? Cast! Join Texas Parks and Wildlife Certified Angler Educators and learn how to prepare a rod, bait a hook, and build some casting techniques. Registration is required. Visit LLELA.org for details.
Things You’ll Need to Know
- Pay at the gate with cash or check. We are not able to accept credit cards. $7/child and $5/vehicle at the gate.
- Wear closed-toe shoes, long pants, long sleeves, sunscreen, and a hat.
- Bring AT LEAST one full (and refillable) water bottle per person.
- Fishing gear is not required. We have all the kids’ gear necessary for this activity, but you are welcome to bring your own rods and reels, tackle boxes, etc. if preferred. Adults who intend to fish will need a current fishing license and their own gear.
- Check and prepare for any weather. We’ll try not to cancel due to weather unless it’s raining.
- Enjoy roughing it. LLELA is a completely outdoor facility without plumbing. There are portable toilets close to the river outlet parking lot. You will have access to this area before and after the fishing activity, but not during.
- Respect wildlife. LLELA is here to preserve wildlife and habitat. Please respect the animals and plants at all times. We ask all visitors to Leave No Trace: Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but memories, kill nothing but time.
2019: June 16 & July 20 | 9-11 AM
Railroad Park Fishing Pier
1301 S Railroad St, Lewisville, TX 75057