We are: Living That Kind Life
A little bit of crazy, a whole lot of love – this is us! We are the Bennett Family: Adam (Dad), Jessica (Mom), Olivia (11), Eli (6) & Selah (3). We have set our minds and hearts on doing our best to live a kind life.
Kindness has always been of great value in our family. However, it has been obvious to us for several years that kindness is not shown by everyone. We have moved multiple times as a family and this has caused many “new beginnings” along our journey. The person this hit the hardest was our oldest daughter, Olivia. She found school to be challenging especially coming in to an established class. Classmates were not always warm and welcoming. One day, when Olivia was 8, she had a hard day and found a hidden place on the playground to be alone and cry it out. She was, surprisingly, met by a classmate who showed her great kindness and compassion. That day the dream was planted in Olivia’s heart to spread as much kindness in this world as possible. She believes, as do we, that life is already hard enough and we can make a difference by keeping kindness as a priority and spreading it any way possible.
Ultimately, it has led our family to starting a nonprofit organization called Living That Kind Life.
The mission of Living That Kind Life is to encourage people of all ages to spread kindness. We do this through:
- LIVING it the best we can – by daily actions
- Podcast Episodes – highlighting organizations and people living a kind life and learn together
- Youtube Videos – showing ways to spread kindness, joy and doing life together
- Social Media – these are encouraging and challenging posts
- Collections for Snack, Hygiene & Foster Kits
- Tools/Resources for individuals and families to take part in kind acts
- Events to bring, encourage, and inspire kindness – Partnering with local businesses to add an element of kindness to their planned events and producing our own events that foster self-kindness and outward kindness.
Our hope is for people of all ages to join us on the journey to living that kind life. We each have a light to shine and can make a difference. Our world needs that more now than ever.