- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 4 ounces butter (1 stick)
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- Combine sugar, milk, cocoa, and butter in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, peanut butter, and chopped nuts.
- Add oatmeal and stir to blend thoroughly.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper.
Makes about 4 dozen no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies.
Submitted by reader, Kristi Ehling