• 1 cup whole-wheat flour
• ¾ cup rolled oats
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ cup applesauce
• 3 tablespoons maple syrup
• 2 tablespoons butter, softened but not melted
• 1 egg
• ½ teaspoon vanilla
• ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a cookie sheet.
- Whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl using an electric mixer beat the applesauce, maple syrup, butter, egg, and vanilla.
- While beating the mixture on a low speed add the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Fold in the nuts with a spatula.
- Drop onto prepared cookie sheet with a spoon. Bake for 8 – 9 minutes or until they start to brown.
Yield: 20 cookies
Thanks to The Pet Depot for this recipe.