Power Up Day
Stop by Grapevine Library for Power Up Day and enjoy these great activities:
- A to Z Database Training (2 to 3 pm): Dan Herman of AtoZdatabases will provide an informative training session on the uses of this electronic resource to find businesses, people, jobs, and conduct background checks. For business owners looking for new customers, get list of sales leads and help analyzing the competitive landscape. With a continuously updated database of millions of U.S. businesses and executives, it’s the tool you need to find your next customers. For job seekers, locate a job from over 7 million job listings, write a resume, and present yourself in the best light. For those just looking for a long-lost friend or relative, people-finding features will be explored, giving access to information about 230 million U.S. residents.
- Squishy Circuits in the Children’s Dept (3 to 4 pm)
- Jackbox Games for Teens (4 to 6 pm)
- Create It Open House with demonstrations of Robotics, Little Bits, Green Screen, and 3D printing (drop in anytime between 5 to 8 pm)
- Drones (7 to 8 pm): Andy Van Vooren, remote flight hobby store owner, and Lloyd Wright, certified pilot since 1988 and Gold Seal Certified Flight Instructor, will present a program dedicated to drones. Come learn the history of drones and legalities of drone ownership and use. See various drone models with and without cameras and have the first-hand experience of flying a mini indoor drone in the library.
Thursday, September 15, 2:00 – 8:00 PM
Grapevine Library – 1201 Municipal Way
817-410-3404 or Event website
Please donate your used or broken electronics to us for future tech dissection programs. Items can be left in the collection bins in Create It.
For more information about events or 3D printing, please email email@example.com or call 817-410-3407 for more information.