Sci-Tech Discovery Center: Moonaversary
Frisco science museum to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the first moon landing.
Since its founding 15 years ago, Frisco’s Sci-Tech Discovery Center has brought unique, mind-stretching fun to families and children across North Texas. On Saturday, July 13, 2019, the center will commemorate the “Moonaversary,” the 50th anniversary of the first moon landing, with a party featuring special activities from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Special activities will include:
- Star Lab planetarium shows at 9:15, 10:15 and 11:15 a.m. and 12:15 and 1:15 p.m.
- Exciting fire shows that explore all aspects of combustion on the center’s stage at 9:15, 10:15 and 11:15 a.m. and 12:15 and 1:15 p.m.
- Tabletop activities that show the science of getting to and living in outer space.
- Demonstrations in Sci-Tech Discovery Center’s Maker Space.
- Exploration of a geodome made by Sci-Tech Discovery Center campers in fifth through eighth grades.
- Demonstrations and activities in the museum’s temporary exhibit, “Great Balls of Fire.”
- A fun photo-op
Sci-Tech Discovery Center Executive Director Janet Madrazo sees the Moonaversary party as a great match for the museum’s audience. “Both kids and adults are curious about outer space,” notes Madrazo. “Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the moon landing brings the science involved in space exploration to students in a real and reachable way.”
Party with special activities commemorating Moon Day, July 20, 1969, when NASA astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin first walked on the moon.
Saturday, July 13, 2019 from 10am to 1:30pm
Sci-Tech Discovery Center
8004 North Dallas Parkway, Frisco, TX 75034
Members only from 9 to 10 am. (Memberships available at mindstretchingfun.org.)
General Admission (ages 3-64) $8.50
Seniors (ages 65+) $7.50
Military (ID required) $7.50
Teachers (ID required) $7.50