Similar to Mexican Wedding Cookies or Russian Tea Cakes, these bite-size balls of sweetness are a perfect treat during the holidays!
2 ¼ cups sifted all-purpose flower
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 ½ cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
¾ cup finely chopped nuts
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flower and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, then the flour mixture, until it is blended.
- Finally, stir in the nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Shape dough into balls about 1″ in diameter.
- Place 1″ apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Cool 2-4 minutes.
- Toss or roll in remaining confectioners’ sugar.
Makes 2 ½ – 3 dozen cookies.
Store in airtight container.