Would you like to submit an event to Family eGuide?
What we include (free of charge):
- Family-friendly events that include activities for kids.
- Educational opportunities for parents, based on their role as a parent, such as parenting workshops.
- Educational opportunities for kids such as babysitting courses, sibling classes, etc.
- Community garage sales, which benefit a non-profit group or organization. (The sale needs to be held at a community location, such as a school or church, not an individual’s home)
- Community book sales, held by local libraries or non-profits.
- Community concerts, plays, and performances, which are child-friendly and affordable.
ALL EVENTS MUST BE:
- Located in Flower Mound, Lewisville, or a surrounding city/town (those that physically border the two mentioned).
- Free or for a fee that is simply to cover costs, and not for the profit of a business.
Frequently submitted events that we do NOT include (free of charge):
- Fundraiser nights at local restaurants.
- Fundraiser sales such as cookies, plants, discount cards, etc.
- Silent auctions or raffles.
- Adult-only events, such as mom’s night out.
- Activities that are located outside of the immediate Flower Mound/Lewisville area.
- Events that are designed for the profit of a business, including ongoing trial classes.
- Church services.
- Open auditions.
- Summer (or seasonal) camps.
- Craft or vendor fairs.
- Personal garage sales.
- Family eGuide does not include events that are commercial in nature and, in the editor’s sole opinion, are attempting to advertise, promote, or sell products or services of an individual or an individual business.
Exceptions can be made for paid advertisers. Contact us for rates.
If you feel your event is something we would include…
Be sure to include:
- Name of event
- Starting time and end time for each day
- Location, including the physical address
- Link to get more information, register if necessary, etc.
- Phone and/or email address (if no link is available)
- Cost (including how to purchase tickets, register, etc if applicable)
- A brief description, including any age guidelines, if applicable.
- Image: Ideal size is 685 px wide by 385 px tall
Family eGuide reserves the right to edit submissions for space (obviously, we’ll include the pertinent facts). That’s why it’s so important to include a link to a site where readers can get additional information.
The Family eGuide community calendar is updated approximately two weeks in advance of event dates. If you’d like to promote your event earlier than this, please contact us about advertising. Additionally, all events are shared in text format, with a small thumbnail image. Larger images, flyers, etc. would also be considered advertising.