Summer Reading Club in Roanoke – 2017
- Program begins June 3 and ends July 29
- Registration opens May 29
- Free, and open to all ages
- Get prizes for every 5 hours you read
- Read whatever you want! (comic, audio books, magazines, blogs, etc.)
- No library card required!
Registration: You can register online. Three different programs split up by age group:
- Kids (newborn to age 12)
- Teens (11-18)
- Adults (18 and up)
Summer Reading Table Hours:
- The table opens June 7, and closes July 29
- Mon, Tue, Thu 11am-8pm
- Wed, Fri, Sat 11am-5pm
- Start by logging into your program using the same link you did to register. On your HOME screen you’ll see the option to enter the title or author of the book, the number of minutes read, and whether you’ve finished the book.
- On the home screen you’ll also see optional challenges to participate in for more prizes and rewards.
- As you progress in the game, the website will also display the points you’ve gained by entering minutes and what upgrades you’ve earned, as well as whether you’ve earned any prizes from our program.
- Check you AWARDS tab to see what prizes you’ve earned, then stop by the library to collect your reward.
- Most awards are given for every 5 hours, or 300 minutes that you read, but be sure to check out the additional challenges, too!
- We will have a table setup with either staff or volunteers helping to distribute prizes throughout the summer. Simply give them your information and they will give you your prizes and mark on your account that you have received them.
- We will have coupons, books, and little trinkets to give out throughout the summer as well as entries into prize package drawings of your choice.
Summer Reading Events
Drop Things Academy – learn circus arts at the library!
Thursday, June 1, July 6 and 8/3, 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Run away and join the circus! Or at least train to do so! Join us to learn various circus arts like juggling, hooping, and general movement based fun. Fun for the whole family!
Roanoke Library Summer Reading Kickoff!
Saturday, June 3, 2017, 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Kickoff party to start the Summer Reading Program at the Roanoke Public Library.
Marvelous Mondays – Snake Encounters
Monday, June 5, 2017, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Snake Encounters returns with funny-guy and magician Daryl Sprout. Come learn about reptiles of various types and maybe even get to pet a few. Free to the public, all ages appropriate.
Game Development – from concept to creation
June 5 & 19, July 3 & 17, 6-8 PM
Join us for a discussion on how to take your board game or pen and paper RPG from concept to a fully realized creation over the course of the summer. 4 classes, June 5 & 19, July 3 & 17, 6-8 PM. Free to the public. Class size is limited to 10 students – reserve your seat today!
Marvelous Mondays – Mark Shelton Percussion
June 12, 2017, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Mark Shelton brings and teaches percussion instruments in our second Marvelous Monday of Summer Reading Club. Great for all ages!
Family Game Day
June 13, 2017, 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Come and go event – family friendly games of all kinds will be available to play in the library from 1 pm to 8 pm. Stop by and play an old favorite, or discover a new favorite! Free to the public, all ages welcome.
Summer Reading Club – Family Movie
June 14 & 28, 2017, 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Family friendly movie, good for all ages. Children should be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Summer Reading Club – Andy Mason Music
June 29, 2017, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Andy Mason delights and delivers with original music for all ages. Andy plays guitar, ukulele, and sings songs whimsical and uplifting. Great for the whole family!
Roanoke Library308 S. Walnut, Roanoke, TX http://roanoketexas.com/index.aspx?NID=172