2020 Summer Reading Program
The Quest begins June 6th.
Early registration opens May 25, 2020
- Program begins June 6 and ends July 31
- Free, and open to all ages
- Get prizes for every 5 hours you read
- Read whatever you want! (comic, audio books, magazines, and blogs count, too!)
- No library card required!
What’s different this year
Due to the unexpected twists and turns that 2020 has brought us so far, the librarians are making a few changes for our Summer Reading Program this year, but we still plan to have just as much fun! In the interest of safety for our community, our performers, and our librarians, we’re going to be doing things a little differently. Here’s what you can expect…
- All programs and activities will continue to be virtual, either as prerecorded videos, or streaming live on our social media sites. But as a bonus, this means we may get to have new performers we haven’t had before, that might have lived far away! We’ll have more information on our events soon. Additionally, we’ll still be giving out secret codes to readers who attend the online events, so they can complete various side quests in ReadSquared!
- Since we’re not sure when the library will be open to the public, we aren’t going to set up a prize table this year. This means there won’t be books given away as prizes for every 5 hours you read, but we are planning some grab-bag giveaways, so stay tuned! Also, any other rewards and prizes that are earned will all be downloadable, like electronic coupons, gift-cards. We’re also offering a special “coupon book” for kids to fill out with their family, with ideas like “I get to pick the next movie,” or, “1 free pass to stay up past my bedtime.”
Everything else should be the same! You’ll still be able to sign up and record your minutes all online, put points in for the raffles, and get books (through our cubrside service).
Be sure to follow us on social media for updates, though! Good luck on your quest!
Summer Kickoff Event: 6/6/20 on Facebook Live!
We have reading programs for all ages! Some of them overlap, for instance, a pre-teen going into the 6th grade may choose either the Children’s or Teen program, but they may only register for one at a time.
- Children (birth to age 12)
- Teens (11-18)
- Adults (18+)
Roanoke Library308 S. Walnut, Roanoke, TX http://rpltx.com/src/
Looking for more fun events and activities?