Saturday, Aug. 31 & Sunday, Sept. 1
3:00pm-11:30 pm each day (Gates open at 2pm)
Live Music Headliners:
- Saturday, Aug. 31 ZZ Top
- Sunday, Sept. 1 Chicago
Labor Day weekend 1969, just two weeks after Woodstock, Lewisville was the location of one of the largest music events Texas had ever seen. The event drew more than 100,000 music fans – including more than a fair share of colorfully dressed hippies that sparked a bit of controversy among the locals – for three days of live entertainment at the former Dallas International Motor Speedway and a smaller free stage on the shores of Lewisville Lake. The Texas International Pop Festival featured such performers as Led Zeppelin, Janis Joplin, Santana, Sly & the Family Stone, Canned Heat, Chicago Transit Authority, and more.
Tickets now on sale at Ticketmaster
- $30 Single Day Admission (+ taxes and Ticketmaster fees)
- $50 Two-Day Admission (+ taxes and Ticketmaster fees)
- $125 VIP (+ taxes and Ticketmaster fees)
Two-day admission, covered seating area, catered dinner both days, preferred parking, complimentary festival t-shirt
- Children 10 and under FREE and do not require at ticket
- Illegal weapons and narcotics
- Recording devices outside of cell phones
- Professional photography equipment except for authorized festival photographers or members of the working media
- Food or drink (except empty refillable water bottle and snacks/drinks for toddlers)
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, other personal transport vehicles
Parking/Park n’ Ride
- There will be no general admission or two-day pass holder parking on site. Complimentary shuttles will begin running 2 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. both days. Shuttle lots and locations to be determined.
- VIP ticket holders will have closer proximity parking in the adjacent sports field lots near the golf course. Maps to be provided later and parking areas will be signed.
- Existing ADA parking will be in force in paved parking areas with ADA parking placard. Additional alternate parking areas may be established for ADA needs. Shuttles will have ADA capabilities.
- Overnight camping is available, but only through the established Lake Park campground. At this time, no tent camping available on site. Reservations: 972.219.3742.
- We will not have product and commercial vendors, but sponsorships are available. Call Daren Watkins for details and inquiries: 972.219.3710
- We will have outside food vendors and concessionaires. Applications will go live on or before June 21 and will deadline August 15. It will be a short application window and we will have space for 12 vendors. Vendor fees, rules and logistical information will be posted and go live on or before June 21.
Festival Entry Points:
(Pedestrians only) Entry points to the festival will be on the northern edge of the venue. You will not be able to drive to the entry in a personal vehicle. Attendees will either need to walk to entry points, or we will be operating transports from the shuttle drop off location. More information to follow. There will be an ADA viewing area for those who need this assistance.
Pets: Only service animals allowed. (No pets allowed on shuttle buses.)
Texas Pop Turns 50 is a rain or shine event