The City of The Colony has made adjustments to several facility closures, taking into account the latest guidance from the State of TX:
- Stewart Creek Park is open for vehicular traffic. Park hours increased to 7am – 9pm. Boat ramp hours will return to 24/7 access. Some amenities, such as the group pavilion and the playground, will remain closed. The fishing pier will reopen with a modified capacity of 25 people at any one time. The park will be available for day use only. No tent or RV camping will be allowed at this time.
- The Colony Rec Center will remain closed until further notice. A modified summer camp program will operate at the Recreation Center beginning June 1 until August 7. A reopening date for the recreation center for other users will be announced at a later time.
- The Colony Community Center: The community center will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- The Colony Aquatic Park will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- Local Parks & Trails: Open space at local parks and all of our local trails remain open to the public. Most park amenities, including playgrounds, pavilions, basketball courts, water fountains, etc. remain closed until further notice. Specifically, the Bridges Park tennis courts, the Pawsome Playground Dog Park, the Bill Allen Memorial Park disc golf course, and the Wheel Zone Bike & Skate Park are all open.
- Athletic Fields and Complexes: Beginning June 1, practices will resume, so long as users follow the guidelines. Beginning 6/15, games may resume with the same stipulations.
Visit TheColonyTX.gov for additional updates.