Valentines for Veterans (and other military personnel)
As we approach Valentine’s Day, let’s not forget the men and women who serve our country. Valentines can be as simple or elaborate as you’d like. If you’d like to participate, you can make as many or as few as you choose.
- Do not attach any candy or treats.
- Try not to use craft materials that can break away from your valentine. They may be shipped anywhere in the world, and you want your cards to be as beautiful when they’re read as when they were made.
- Tell a little about yourself (age, school, likes) but do not include your last name, phone number or address.
- If you make more than one valentine, please do not put individual valentines in sealed envelopes (obviously, you’ll need one sealed envelope to mail your valentines in).
- Remember to sign your valentine with your first name only.
- Tell them why you appreciate them.
Ship letters and donated items to:
- Sort your letters by recipient type: Deployed Troop, Veteran, New Recruit, or First Responder.
- Fill out our Donor Form and print a copy for each box that you send.
COMPLETE DONATION FORM
- Put all loose artwork and letters/cards (no individual envelopes) in a large envelope or box according to their recipient type, and ship to:
ATTN: Letter Writing Program
21100 Lassen Street
Chatsworth, CA 91311-4278
Cards and letters may be mailed at any time of the year, but…
Please don’t date your letters, sometimes it can take up to a few months for Care Packages to be received after they are sent. Holiday cards need to be received two to three months prior to the holidays in order for them to reach our service members on time. Once we receive letters, it takes us time to screen, sort, and collate them for our Care Packages, and then we must factor in shipping time. If your letters will arrive less than two months before the holidays, please send general letters of appreciation (rather than holiday greetings) so they may be used year-round.
Would you like to send more? The Operation Gratitude Wish List includes lot of items that you can donate (some of which you may already have), such as:
- DVDs, CDs, and Video Games
- Beanie Babies, Webkinz, and small plush items (6 inches or smaller)
- Used Cell Phones and Video Game Systems
- Much more!